WELCOME!

Email your questions to: nextgreatbook@gmail.com
We are a group of students in a 5th grade class. We love to make suggestions of great books we've read BUT feel free to ask us for recommendations at all grade levels. If we do not know we will research for you and find just the book for you! We happily take questions for students, teachers and parents.
We will try hard to email back and post our response here - ENJOY !
Happy Reading!

If you have book suggestions for any of these letters feel free to add them by adding a comment underneath - the more recommendations the better!

Monday, December 19, 2011

Need a Book!

Dear What is My Next Book,
I need help.  I often start a book and like it but then can't seem to stick with it.  I need a book I love that I will read cover to cover.  The last book I read that I liked a lot was Because of Mr. Terupt.  I also like creepy books.  Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Dreaming of a Great Book

Dear Dreaming,
We have a list for you!  We have put together a bunch of books that are either creepy and quick to read or books that are realistic fiction like Mr. Terupt.  We think you need to read a couple quick books or books that are from a series to get your reading habit going.  You need a few titles that you love - books you can't put down so here is our list for you:
  • The Mostly True Story of Jack (super creative, a little creepy and GREAT characters - a must read!)
  • Tale of Dark and Grimm (creepy and very funny... connected to lots of fairytales but in a whole new way)
  • First Day of School Forever (hilarious and a page turner ... not too hard and will definitely get you reading)
  • Moxy Maxwell (great character, fun and a quick read)
  • Among the Hidden (can't put it down and quite creepy... first book in a series of many!)
  • Beastology (first in a series, adventure book and a quick read!)
  • Flying Solo (school story that is told by different voices in the class - like Mr. Terupt)
  • My Life as a Book (great mystery, definitely fun to read)
  • My Life as a Stunt Boy (sequel to My Life as a Book)
  • Spiderwick Chronicles (adventure story that is fun to read and a little creepy)
  • So Be It (great realistic fiction, a journey story - great characters!)
  • True...Sort of (well written, great characters, will pull you right in!)
  • Goosebumps series (just creepy enough to make you read but keep you out of trouble (nightmares :), tons of them in the series, you will fly though it!)

Let us know what you think and Happy Reading!
Yours, 
Next Book

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips. I appreciate it. I'm going to try True (Sort of) first. I can't believe I started this whole thing with my question.
    Thanks,
    Dreaming...
    from your mother's class (also their neighbor)
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Dreaming,
    So glad to help! Everyone we know who has read True loves it! They all say they can't put it down so we think you will like it too! It is realistic fiction like Mr. Terupt so give it a try:) You might want to grab another book before vacation because we think you will finish True fast. For "creepy" maybe Tale of Dark And Grimm! Let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete